This is Website Grader’s analysis of traveljunkies.com
How strong is your website?
Your website is the window to your business and like everything, first impressions count. Without a website, you don’t exist, and it’s the same if nobody can find your site.
But it’s more than that.
We help by sending traffic to your website using your free advert, but it’s your website that actually does your selling, and your success is down to three main factors.
An optimized website’s is crucial to its performance, increasing traffic, improving conversion rates, generating more leads, and increasing revenue.
- Page Size. The heavier the site page, the slower it loads. For optimal performance, page sizes should be below 3MB
- Page Requests. The more HTTP requests your website makes, the slower it becomes.
- Page Speed. Webpages should load within 3 seconds. Any slower and visitors will abandon your site, reducing conversions and sales.
2. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Your website must be easy for users to discover—and easy for search bots to understand—with better page titles, headings, and descriptions.
This might sound technical but can be broken down into four simple parts.
- Page Titles. Page titles should be no longer than 70 characters in length and not repeat keywords.
- Heading tags distinguish headings from core page content.
- Meta Descriptions. Meta descriptions should be no longer than 155 characters in length and should be relevant to the page.
- Site Map. Site maps help users navigate your site quickly and easily.
In today’s world this is the most important factor.
Various reports give varying percentages of searches made by mobile devices but the simple fact is more than half of all searches are made on mobile devices and growing fast.
For some time now Google penalises websites that aren’t optimised for mobile.
What Does Website Grader Do?
Hubspots Website Grader analyses your website and gives you an overall score out of 100, plus individual scores for each of the above factors plus a score for Security.
It makes recommendations on what to do next to increase your sites ratings and improve your website’s performance.
It’s completely free, takes just a few minutes and doesn’t require you to enter your email address or any personal information.
Go to http://websitegrader.com and enter your website URL and in a few minutes your results will be displayed on the screen.
What you decide to do next is entirely up to you and will obviously depend on the rating your site gets and the recommendations the report makes.
A side bonus is that you can enter any website URL even to see how your competitor’s sites are performing.
Please contact us and drop us a quick reply if you have found this useful.
Cliff & Alison
Please pass this on to any colleagues, friends or even competitors.